Tuesday, January 31, 2012

coppola style

Time gives us these untouchable lapses in our lives. You have this shimmering bubble filling up with wonderful things, with sunlight and music and good people and happiness. You want to freeze time in those perfect moments, but you know it's going to burst and life will never ever ever have that surreal summer-like hazy quality again. Things always fall away, slipping out of reach into memory, tainted by nostalgia.

Sofia's among my favorites because she can capture that untouchable feeling in film. In The Virgin Suicides, Sofia Coppola crafted this beautiful, haunting atmosphere. Everything just works in all her movies, from music and colors to casting and styling. And what's better than the hazy parties in The Virgin Suicides? We're loving those dreamy party styles. You can't even know how much I wish my school dances were like theirs.


I love Cecilia and I love love love her gorgeous magical floaty dress. Check out similar styles in our shop:

Cecilia's Lace Dress
Madonna Flapper Dress
 
As I'm sure many of you out there will agree, the prom in The Virgin Suicides makes me cry over the pure, awful boringness that was my own prom! Beautiful, soft dresses? Star cutouts and gold streamers? Oh how I wish mine had been so!



Urghh I'm sure you're all sharing in my pain right now! Luckily, there are opportunities to dress beautiful and have magical times beyond school dances. (And for those of you still in high school, be the amazing person who does dress like you're in a Sofia Coppola movie for the rest of us, please!) And luckily, we sell similar magical fashions:

Virgin Suicide Goddess Gown
Grecian Grace Dress
Elven Princess Party Dress

xx
The Pulp Girls

3 comments:

  1. I love gorgeous magical floaty dress.makeup artist

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh love them both but I especially love the one with the jeans! Gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the pupl girls are looking great and attractive. PUA

    ReplyDelete